Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cheesy times

About four months and some days ago, after a long day at work, I heard a familiar grumble. I assumed it to be the usual at first and did what I would usually do. But, this one had a different origin that soon took a form I could recognize with ease. A craving in the making!

Having been introduced to the wonderful land of cheese cakes roughly two years ago, I have quietly grown into an addict. I started visiting every restaurant available in search of perfect bliss in the form of this cheese laden delight. Starting from that random roadside pastry shop to Under the Mango tree to Leela Palace to Fat Chef, I savoured every single one in town. Nearly.

Under the bright headiness induced by a yellow lamp in June 2010, biting into a piece of delicious, home-made blue berry cheese cake, I declared in a stupid, stoopid way,"Okay, people, you know what? We should all meet up. In five years time. In Paris. In front of the Eiffel Tower. No. On top of it. Will be awesssome, no?". As usual, I got "You are insane!" stares from the group but that evening continues to be one deeply etched in memory. Thanks to Rohit's ipod, we have that on tape and Robin for sharing it!
Featuring Rohit, Robin, Nandini, Anmol, Gaurav, Meghana and myself. Here's to those times we had in the Great White North!






No comments:

Post a Comment